Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Corporate America!!

Well, today my office had a bombshell dropped on us! Our boss from downtown came in and fired our front desk, who is way more than just the front desk!! She can be an escrow officer with the knowledge that she has of this industry!! And we love having her work with us! And thier excuse was "the company can't afford her"! Please someone tell me how a Fortune 500 company, who was ranked one of the best financial institutes, can't afford our 1 front desk person!! I guess that's corporate America for you!! Our boss also asked our branch manager to step down and they want to merge 3 offices into our 1 and have one of the other managers be the manager here! Nobody in this office has ever heard any good things about this other manager and I have already had a run in with her and she is in a completely different office than I am!! To say the least I am not looking forward to her coming in here! I have a feeling that my branch manager will leave the company. She is the best manager that I have ever worked for! She is fair, generous and is always willing to help with any questions or issues that come about in files!! All of us here are stunned and don't know what to say! In this market how can we be sure that our jobs are stable! Our downtown assured the rest of us that our jobs are secure but how can we trust what they say and how can they be so sure (especially with a new manager coming in who can decide what staff she wants to keep or get rid of!!) I'm having a really hard time knowing how to deal with this "explotion"!

3 comments:

Rich Angie said...

So not cool!!! Are they downsizing across the board? Scary!

Lacey T said...

Good luck! I do not miss working and having to deal with that stuff! Maybe start looking around for a back-up job in case you can't deal with the new manager. I'm sure everything will be just fine though.

Kasey said...

I hate work drama! So glad I don't have to deal with that kind of stress. Sorry!