Friday, February 1, 2008

Overwhelmed with emotion

I finally showed some emotion on my parents divorce today. I have been keeping it inside and not letting any one know how I was feeling, not even Bryan. But I finally talked to him about it and cried. I don't know how to handle my conflicting thoughts and feelings. I know its for the best and I keep telling myself that its great, and it is! But I've come to the realization (with some help from Bry) that they are still my parents and I love them both very much. I am just struggling with knowing that my family will never be together and better. I guess I am just so used to them being together that them being apart is shocking. Does that make sense?

3 comments:

Rich Angie said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to go through this Jackie! It's so hard to express our feelings sometimes, especially when we're not sure of what they are. I'm always here if you need to talk!!

Lacey T said...

Having divorced parents is hard. I'm sorry you have to experience it. It's good that you are dealing with it, instead of keeping it inside though!

Heidi said...

Oh Jackie.. that breaks my heart. Divorce stinks, but I'm glad you are able to talk about it. It is hard no matter how old you are or what the relationship was like, especially when you have an eternal perspective on things. I have some pretty good books if you want to borrow any of them, kind of helps. They say when you experience divorce you go through the same steps of grief as loosing someone it may help to read about it and what other feelings may pop up. If you ever need to talk I'd be glad to listen.